Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (#3)

If you want to participate, please click here

Top Ten Books On My Spring 2014 TBR List



1. One More Thing by B.J. Novak

I love this man and I can't wait to read this book! I already have it, I just have been waiting for the perfect moment to get to it since I know I won't be able to put it down once I begin.

2. Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy

Just look at the tag line for this book: "The year she was meant to die became the year she started to live."

I feel like there will be a lot of feels involved with this one. 


3. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

I haven't actually read that much from the New Adult genre, and I think this one fits into that description. The college setting sounds like fun (and something I can identify with) and the book seems to be gaining some favorable reviews. And it has an original soundtrack - how awesome is that?

4. Uninvited by Sophie Jordan

I feel like I've been recently avoiding books that are parts of series, just because it is so hard to keep up with all the series these days (seriously, why are all books series?). Well, anyway, this one sounds quite interesting - genetic testing, Homicidal Tendency Syndrome. I am intrigued.

5. Bright Before Sunrise by Tiffany Schmidt

I don't know, I guess I just keep looking at cute looking and sounding books as the summer starts to approach... 

6. Me Since You by Laura Wiess

This one sounds kind of emotional and the reviews for it seem quite positive. The whole shocking tragedy thing always gets me. I am ready for the feels. 

7. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

I adored both The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and This is What Happy Looks Like, so I can't wait to read this one. It sounds super cute and romantic and emotional, and I can't wait to see how Smith uses the Edinburgh setting (looking forward to maybe reading about some iconic Edinburgh sites.)


8. Tsarina by J. Nelle Patrick

Since I saw Anastasia as a kid I've been interested about the Romanov's, so when I saw that a book like this exists, I got super excited. I also own this one already, so I'm looking forward to getting to it soon. 

9. The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Andersen

I have enjoyed so many of her novels before that I simply have to get my hands to this at some point during the spring.

10. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

I was supposed to read this already last summer but never got around to do it... So now's the time!

13 comments:

  1. I got One More Thing as an audiobook from my library last week! I heard about all of the celebrities who narrated it, and so I thought it would be fun to check out that version. Side Effects May Vary, Uninvited, and Tsarina are also on my TBR. I read The Impossible Knife of Memory about a month ago, and it was very good.

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to listen to the audiobook at some point as well with some of my favorite people narrating it and all. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to read Maybe Someday for ages...maybe someday I will :) Someday soon hopefully :)

    Here's mine this week: Sarah Darlington's Spring TBR list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :) It sounds like a summer read for some reason, so I'll probably be saving it for late spring.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Everyone is talking about The Geography of You and Me! Definitely intriguing. I've read The Statistical Probability but not This is What Happy Looks Like. I wonder which I should prioritize.
    Tsarina sounds like a really interesting walk on the historical fiction side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally liked The Statistical Probability more than This is What Happy Looks Like, but in general they both are super quick, super cute reads. I'll probably just pick all three of them again at some point during the summer, because I feel like they are the perfect books to read in the sun/by the pool/at the beach etc.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I am looking forward to The Geography of You and Me! I have recently read her other two books- they are cute! Just added One More Thing to my list...Have a great Spring! ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-1Vh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! :) Have a great Spring too!

      Delete
  5. Bright Before Sunrise was pretty cute. I'm really looking forward to One More Thing. I ordered the audio from my library. He has different people--like Mindy Kaling--reading the stories which should be fun. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The audiobook does sound really good and I definitely need to listen to it at some point - I love Mindy Kaling (BJ and Mindy are my real life OTP for sure) and even the trailer for the book was super awesome!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Great picks! I recently reviewed Maybe Someday and absolutely loved it. The soundtrack added so much to the experience and I loved the book and soundtrack so much. I hope you find the time to get to them all :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I just got Maybe Someday, hopefully I get to read it soon :)

      Delete
  7. Great list! Tsarina is so good.I loved the magical elements and the strong characters. The Geography of You and Me is just a great book. Have a great spring!

    ReplyDelete