Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (#2)


If you want to participate, please click here

Top Ten All Time Favorite Books in X Genre (you pick the genre) - I choose YOUNG ADULT FICTION (not in any particular order, no way I would be able to put these from "worst" to best)

1. The Hunger Games Trilogy

So wonderful and imaginative and definitely worth several reads. I especially love the dynamic between Katniss and Peeta. Catching Fire is my favorite out of the three, in case you're interested.

2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

I just posted by review for this book yesterday - I can't believe I did not run to the bookstore the moment this book was released... silly me. I don't think I have ever identified with a book so much as I did with this one. 

3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

I remember reading this during my freshman year in university - I was supposed to be writing a boring theatre essay, and instead I was reading this on my ereader in a completely dark dorm room (the light bulb ran out and I had to wait til the next day to get it fixed). I can't wait for the final book in the trilogy/series by Perkins - I'll definitely read this one and Lola again during the summer.

4. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

I was fortunate enough to get an ARC of this book back in the day and I remember devouring the whole book on one sitting. I don't really remember much of the details anymore (which means I definitely need to read this again), but I do remember enjoying it quite a bit. I just finished with Oliver's Panic during the weekend and really enjoyed that one too. 

5. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Such a powerful, well-written book I definitely need to read again at some point!

6. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Andersen

I remember spending one New Year's Eve reading this book instead of going to a New Year's Eve celebration... 

7. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight & This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

These both were just such cute books that I had to include them on this list. These both are on the top of my summer 2014 reads list - perfect beach/backyard reads in the sun.

8. Anything Sarah Dessen has ever written

That woman really is a magician when it comes to creating perfect YA characters and stories. 

9. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

Do I even have to explain myself?

10. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

This one was a complete surprise for me. I bought it because I liked the cover and I knew there was a film coming out based on it. So touching, funny and realistic. LOVED IT!

(HOX! I did not count Harry Potter series as YA - otherwise they would be right at the top of the list)

17 comments:

  1. I've read a handful of these, and the ones I haven't read are all on my TBR list. Lol. Great picks! Happy Tuesday! (Now following you via GFC, btw.)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Have a good day too! :)

      Delete
  2. I really like your list, and a lot of the books on it is my favorite books as well. Especially Catching Fire and Fangirl. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catching Fire is such a great book! Definitely the best out of the three for me. :)
      Fangirl was so cute and entertaining and so easy to identify with.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. we both have anna and the french kiss and the fault in our stars in our list. YAY!! such awesome books. thanks for stopping by my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - both books are definitely on my summer re-read list, especially Anna and the French Kiss, which I want to read before Isla and the Happily Ever After comes out :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I've read everything on your list except Wintergirls. You have great taste in books and now I'm adding Wintergirls to my tbr. Anna made my list too but now looking on your list I'm missing some great ones (aka The Perks of Being a Wallflower).

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wintergirls is really good - quite depressive though, but incredibly touching and revealing in many ways.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. Excellent list! Hunger Games is definitely a favourite of mine. Thanks for stopping by my TTT
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2014/03/top-ten-tuesday-my-all-time-favorite.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Hunger Games and Fangirl are definitely two of my all time favorites! I also love Anna and The French kiss, though I think Lola and the Boy Next door is slightly better. And Jenifer E. Smith is one of my favorite contemporary authors! I think Before I Fall is like the only Lauren Oliver book that I haven't read! I'm actually in the middle of Panic right now! =)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really read Before I Fall if you end up liking Panic - I myself enjoyed Panic alright, I think Before I Fall is still the best I've read from Oliver. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. This list is excellent. There are only a couple of books on this list I haven't read, and that's only because they're still in my tbr pile. I agree whole heartedly about Sarah Dessen, she is an author I will watch and wait for anything she publishes. She is an amazing author that always hooks you with her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books always manage to be so realistic and real, focusing on events and characters that could actually be your friends or yourself. And they are always really romantic in that sweet, non-sappy, cliche way. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Great list. I am currently about 150 pages into Fangirl but I am really struggling with it, I'm hoping I get more into it as it goes along. The Hunger Games is one of my favourite series, such a brilliant book series. I've read almost every book on your list and I especially loved The Perks of Being a Wallflower, I adore that book so much. My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read some reviews for Fangirl before I started reading it and noticed some criticized it for being too slow/uneventful - I guess that's most clear from the beginning. I hope you keep going with it - at least I found it incredibly enjoyable. :)

      Delete
  9. I think there are only two books I haven't read on your list - Before I Fall & Wintergirls (I do plan to read them eventually) - but I agree with every other book on your list. I haven't read all of SD's books yet, but there are a few that are my all time favourites.
    Anna and the French Kiss, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Hunger Games, The Fault in Our Stars, Fangirl & The Statistical Probability are a few of my favourite YA books too :D
    Great list :D

    ReplyDelete