Saturday, March 15, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (#1)

"Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!"
For more info, click here!




Tsarina by J. Nelle Patrick (published February 27th 2014 by Razorbill)


Natalya knows a secret.
A magical Faberge egg glows within the walls of Russia's Winter Palace.It holds a power rooted in the land and stolen from the mystics.A power that promises a life of love for her and Alexei Romanov.Power, that, in the right hands, can save her way of life.But it's not in the right hands.



Torn Away by Jennifer Brown (Expected publication May 8th 2014 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers) (Netgalley)


Born and raised in the Midwest, Jersey Cameron knows all about tornadoes. Or so she thinks. When her town is devastated by a twister, Jersey survives -- but loses her mother, her young sister, and her home. As she struggles to overcome her grief, she's sent to live with her only surviving relatives: first her biological father, then her estranged grandparents.
In an unfamiliar place, Jersey faces a reality she's never considered before -- one in which her mother wasn't perfect, and neither were her grandparents, but they all loved her just the same. Together, they create a new definition of family. And that's something no tornado can touch.

 #16thingsithoughtweretrue by Janet Gurtler (published March 4th 2014 by Sourcebook Fire)

Heart attacks happen to other people #thingsIthoughtweretrue

When Morgan's mom gets sick, it's hard not to panic. Without her mother, she would have no one—until she finds out the dad who walked out on her as a baby isn't as far away as she thought...

Adam is a stuck-up, uptight jerk #thingsIthoughtweretrue

Now that they have a summer job together, Morgan's getting to know the real Adam, and he's actually pretty sweet...in a nerdy-hot kind of way. He even offers to go with her to find her dad. Road trip, anyone?

5000 Twitter followers are all the friends I need #thingsIthoughtweretrue

With Adam in the back seat, a hyper chatterbox named Amy behind the wheel, and plenty of Cheetos to fuel their trip, Morgan feels ready for anything. She's not expecting a flat tire, a missed ferry, a fake girlfriend...and that these two people she barely knew before the summer started will become the people she can't imagine living without.


All of my new additions are ebooks (I'm trying to avoid buying actual books at the moment since there's no way I'm able to haul even the books I have now back home when I finish with uni). 

So, what did you stack to your shelves this week? 

Have a good weekend!

51 comments:

  1. Nice haul, Milka, and welcome to Stacking the Shelves :)
    Both Tsarina and Torn Away look very interesting :)
    Thanks for stopping by earlier. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I used to do these posts before, like years ago, but I did a bit on cleaning on my blog and decided to start everything again :)
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I'm trying to avoid buying physical books too, I just don't have the room for them. Plus, most of the books I read I only read once so I should really save the shelf space for my favourite books!

    ★ Under The Mountain ★

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I study in a different country than the one I'm going back to when I graduate, so there will be a lot of stuff I need to leave behind just because the postage is so expensive... That will unfortunately include some books as well. So I'm trying not to buy any physical books at the moment, just to save some money and eventual sadness I would feel when I would have to give books away :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Your first sts? Nice!
    And your haul is looking good!!
    I hope you enjoy reading all of your new books.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog.
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do these/in my mailboxes before, like ages ago, but after I did some cleaning up at my blog, I decided to start these again! :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Welcome to STS! It took me 3 hours to design my first post and battle Blogger's graphics to get it right! Of course I'm a computer idiot so that's a bit of a problem...Enjoy your books and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm following you through bloglovin *waves*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, blogger can be a bit of a challenge sometimes, I agree with you on that :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I liked #16thingsithoughtweretrue, hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really looking forward to reading it. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I have been dying to read Tsarina!! You got some amazing books! =)
    New follower =)
    Here's my STS
    http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tsarina does sound amazing and I can't wait to read it soon!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Great haul! I've had my eye on Torn Away! I'm going to have to take a little trip to Netgalley ;)

    I hope you enjoy your new books & thanks for stopping by earlier!

    Christy @ Christy's Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Torn Away does sound pretty awesome! :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Torn Away looks so good! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. The description of Tsarina sounds so magical! I added it straight away to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? And the cover is absolutely gorgeous as well!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  11. Oh I don't think I know these ones but they sound interesting. I hope you'll like them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      And thank for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  12. Enjoy your new reads! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I received Torn Away too, love the cover. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great haul. I love the look of Torn Away, am waiting to see if I get accepted for that one. I hope you enjoy all your books and thanks for stopping by my haul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read Torn Away soon!
      Happy reading and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  15. Nice haul! I really like the sound of #16things, so hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by earlier! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound super interesting, and I love the hashtag name :D

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  16. I am interested to see how Torn Away turns out. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty high up on my TBR at the moment. And it seems to have a good goodreads rating as well (4.07 at the moment), which indicates that it's probably pretty awesome!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  17. Great haul! I hope you enjoy your books! I've seen Torn Away maybe i should check it out!

    Check out OUT's STS

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Torn Away seems to make an appearance on many STSs this week.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  18. I think I want to read all of these! The new Janet Gurtler sounds really good!

    Check Out My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does, doesn't it? I think I first fell in love with the name (I love Twitter, so maybe that's one I felt something towards the hashtag name) and then read the synopsis and figured out that I would probably like it. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  19. Nice haul. Tsarina is the only one new to me. Hope you enjoy your new additions :)

    Happy reading! new follower :)

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  20. Some interesting titles. Thanks for stopping by my new additions

    ReplyDelete
  21. I so need to get my hands on Tsarina, everything I want in a book, also the reviews have been great, so yay! Happy reading! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound pretty good and the reviews, like you said, have been favorable.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  22. I saw Torn Away on Netgalley and have been thinking about requesting it. It sounds so tragic but beautiful at the same time. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tsarina sounds like a nice read. Enjoy and Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I snagged Tsarina this week, too. It looks really good. Torn Away looks interesting, but just so sad. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have #16 Things but haven't read it yet. The cover for Tsarina is so pretty. I hope you enjoy your lovelies.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. OHHH Tsarina sounds pretty interesting and I love the cover!! I cant wait to read what you think of the book =)
    Here's my STS http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete