Sunday, March 23, 2014

Book Review: I Wrote This For You by pleasefindthis

Release date: December 14th 2011
Info about author: Goodreads - Twitter - Website
Publisher: Central Avenue Publishing
Age group: Adult
Pages: 194
Buy the book: Amazon - Book Depository

Rating: 5/5

Description (from Goodreads):

I need you to understand something. I wrote this for you. I wrote this for you and only you. Everyone else who reads it, doesn’t get it. They may think they get it, but they don’t. This is the sign you’ve been looking for. You were meant to read these words.


My thoughts:

I stumbled into this book while watching a bookhaul of one of the booktubers over at Youtube and after hearing what it was about, I kept it at the back of my mind for a long time and once I came across it again, I decided that I need to read it. And I'm happy that I did, because I found it very touching.

Basically I Wrote This For You is a collection of photographs and short stories/thoughts about love, loss, happiness and other feelings related to human life and emotions. The individual segments of text are accompanied by photographs - some more fitting to the text than others. Though I found some of the photographs really beautiful, it is really the words that excel in this book (there's a version available with only the words not the photos at both Amazon and Book Depository). In general, this book is very difficult to review because I feel like everyone takes something else out of it, but all I can say is that I was really touched by it and really did end up crying while reading some of the segments of the book.

To give you an idea of what this book is about, I'll post a couple of my favorite segments below.





6 comments:

  1. Interesting. I've recently read a book that incorporated photographs into the plot line, and it was very different. I don't know how I'd feel about this one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children before, which kind of incorporated photos into the story, but this was completely different in my opinion.

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this one, but it looks really interesting. I'm also a huge fan of books that incorporate photographs. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one would make a perfect present for someone/the little stories inside would be perfect for cards etc. I bookmarked several of them for future reference :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Those excerpts you showed were beautiful!! Thanks for sharing those because I had heard nothing of this one before. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really are some beautiful thoughts and segments in this book and I'm really looking forward to the day I can maybe buy this book as a gift for someone :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete