Thursday, March 20, 2014

Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts (#2)


Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.). More info from here

1. I started watching Friday Night Lights a while back (maybe like 6 months ago) but then halfway
through season 2 kind of gave up on it for a while after I got hooked up with some other shows. Earlier this week I got a feeling like I want to watch it again and since Tuesday night I've been watching it several episodes a week. A lot of people told me that the middle of second season is not as exceptional as the rest of the series, and I'm happy I decided to go back to the show, because I'm now almost done with third season and I'm loving it and I feel like hitting my head to the wall for being stupid for not watching it earlier. And okay, everyone kept telling me that I would fall in love with Tim Riggins and I kept saying that it would not happen but well... it happened.

2. Tomorrow's the first game of the playoffs for my hometown ice-hockey team over at Finland. I've been excited and nervous since the beginning of the week... Thank God for live streams which give me a chance to watch the game over here.

3. My roommate and I are having breakfast-for-dinner today and I seriously can't wait!

4. I had a seminar today about next year's dissertations and I feel like for the first time I actually understood what they want us to do for this presentation we are supposed to give about the research in a month. I'm really excited about my dissertation topic and can't wait to start writing it!

5. I really don't know what I will do if I don't get a job for the summer. I will live with my parents for the summer, so I don't really NEED the money, but of course it would be nice to have some extra. But more importantly, I will be in Finland from the first week of June til the first week of September, and if I don't have a job, I have no idea what I will do with all of my time.

6. Our landlord is coming over in a couple of weeks to see what type of refurbishments he could do at the flat during the summer we are away. We will stay here only for one year more (we both graduate in 2015), but it would be nice to have some changes here for our last year. We're hoping for new, more modern wallpapers. 

7. My goal for the weekend is to finish with this essay I need to do for my British drama course. I have completely lost interest in this module (I want to study film in the future and this is my last theatre module EVER) and though the essay is not due until 28th of April, I want to finish with it now so I can focus on the work I actually WANT to do (essays for Film & Family and World Cinema)... Wish me luck.


8. The Mindy Project is returning in less than TWO WEEKS! Count me super excited! The promo pictures look so amazing and I can't wait to see the aftermath of THE KISS. If you're not watching this show, you should, it's amazing! 

9. What I've been listening to this week:

  • This playlist I made after reading Emery Lord's AMAZING Open Road Summer (please read this book once it's published - it is so good). I think I cried for like 20 minutes after finishing with this book. If you like country music, you'll probably like this playlist. 
  • This playlist full of 90s/early 00s songs !! These always put a smile of my face. 
10. What films I've watched this week/plan to watch:
  • Y Tu Mama Tambien - this was my screening for this week's World Cinema class about Latin American cinema. 
  • Anchorman 2 - I wanted the see this when it was in cinemas, but I was in Finland when it premiered in UK and never ended up seeing it. I found a version of it that I can stream online, so I think I'll just watch it that way if the link still works.
  • Heart of a Lion - I'm thinking of using this Finnish film for my Film and Family essay if it's good (the synopsis sounds perfect for my essay). 

2 comments:

  1. I love breakfast for dinner.

    Friend suggested Friday Nights Lights to me - haven't seen any but put it on my list of tv series I'll eventually get around to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best thing ever!

      Friday Night Lights is so good! I have no idea what I'll watch next once I finish with it....

      Delete