Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (#1)

If you want to participate in Top Ten Tuesday, please click here

The topic for this Tuesday, the 3rd of December 2013, is Top Ten 2014 releases I'm dying to read. 


1. One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B.J. Novak [expected publication February 4th, 2014 by Knopf]
I am OBSESSED with The American version of The Office - it is my favorite sitcom of all time. So obviously every single time someone who can be associated with that show comes up with something, I get VERY excited. B.J.'s upcoming collection of short stories is no exception. 
2.  Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3) by Veronica Rossi [expected publication January 28th, 2014 by HarperCollins]
I was surprised of how much I actually enjoyed the first two books in the trilogy (it is a trilogy, right?) after buying them only because I needed to have three books for the 3 for 5 pounds deal. I think I might have to read the first two books again to refresh my memory, but I do remember that the second book ended on a very exciting note, so I obviously can't wait to see what happens. 
3. Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3) by Stephanie Perkins [expected publication May 13th 2014 by Dutton]
Since I loved both Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door, I can't wait to get to know Isla and Josh (described as introspective artist). And the of course it will be a true delight to read a bit more about Anna and Etienne as well as Lola and Cricket. I CAN'T WAIT!
4. The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave #2) by Rick Yancey [expected publication May 6th 2014 by Puffin
The world introduced by The 5th Wave was so intriguing and well written that I instantly started to grave for more. 
5. The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3) by Michelle Hodkin [expected publication June 10th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers]
I do enjoy the romance and even started to like the paranormal element during the second book (in the first book I did not really like it that much) but what I'm mostly waiting for is the disturbing, weird events that take place in these books. I can't wait to see how this trilogy finishes. 
6. Rooms by Lauren Oliver [expected publication date not announced]
I simply loved Before I Fall by Oliver and can't wait to see if maybe her novel teared for adult readers is more contemporary in style than the Delirium books (I've read the first book and quite enjoyed it, just haven't had the chance to read the other two yet). Oliver's young adult novel Panic is expected to be published in March 4th by HarperCollins. 

7. Lair of Dreams (The Diviners #2) by Libba Brey [expected publication August 5th 2014 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers]
I fell in love with the characters of The Diviners as well as the setting (I love the 20s and New York) so I can't wait to see how the story processes and what happens to these characters.  (BTW, I hope that's not the final cover for the book because it's kind of tacky)
8. A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Walker [expected publication January 23rd 2014 by Viking Juvenile]
It was really the cover that through me into this one, but as I read more about it, I really got increasingly interested. Set in early 1900s in London, it is a story about a girl who wants to be an artist in the very strict London society in which the place of a woman is considered to be next to her husband.  
9. Armada by Ernest Cline [expected publication October 7th, 2014 by Crown Publishing]
If I do not come across another book as amazing as Ready Player One during December, it will most likely to be on the top of my "Best Books Read in 2013" list. Anything this author does, I am interested. 
10. Dissonance (Dissonance #1) by Erica O'Rourke [expected publication July 22nd 2014 by Simon & Schuster books for Young Readers]
 Several people I'm friends with on Goodreads have been adding this to their 'Want to Read' lists and once I read about it myself as well, I got excited. Might be a good new series to start to read now that some of the trilogies I've been reading are about to end. 

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, 2014 looks pretty good book-wise :)

      Delete
  2. So many great titles! Looking forward to Novak's book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really high expectations towards Novak's book, can't wait to get it to my hands :)

      Delete
  3. I really need to go back and read The Diviners now because that's the second time I've seen the sequel recommended and I'm dying to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't now BJ Novak had a book coming out! I am so reading that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think also Rainn Wilson is writing a book, as well as Amy Poehler from SNL/Parks and Recreation :)

      Delete
  5. I keep forgetting about Isla and the Happily Ever After but I am so excited about it! I loved both of her other books :)

    ReplyDelete