Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Book Review: Dante's Girl (The Paradise Diaries #1) by Courtney Cole


Description (from Goodreads):

I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring. 
Until this year. 

And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:

1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes. 
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise. 
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.

Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference? 

But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl. 

My heart just might be crazy.

My Thoughts:

Since the moment I read the description of this novel, I knew that I MUST read it. When I finally got the e-copy of it from NetGalley, I felt like dancing and singing. So of course, I had to start reading it asap!

We are introduced to Reece, a Kansas girl who is used to spending her summers in London with her father (okay, the description says that London is uneventful and boring... EXCUSE ME?) When Reece is about to take her last connecting flight to London, a plane explodes on the landing strip and all the flights are cancelled... Good thing Dante Giliberti, a son of a super rich prime minister of a small Mediterranean country has his eyes on Reece - she is whisked away with Dante and his crew to this Mediterranean paradise where she is introduced to the life of Dante. 

Since Dante is rich and famous, Reece is whisked into an adventure she has never experienced before. The more she spends time with Dante, she realizes how much she likes him. But can a Kansas farm girl ever really be with a guy like Dante who's life is extremely public? It is clear also Dante has feelings for Reece, but is the need to please his father larger than the need to do what he wants?

'Dante's Girl' is the PERFECT summer read (I know it is kinda late for that kind of books now), but on the other hand I would love to read something like this when it starts to get darker and colder since it will totally bring a summer to your heart (how cheesy is that!?) Reece is likable as character, also at points a bit too paranoid and jealous for my taste (Dante talks to another girl and she goes nuts etc.). Dante of course is dreamy as ever. Since this is a 'Paradise Diaries book 1) I expect there to be some type of continuity for the novel. I really hope there is because I would love to read what happens next.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.burun estetigi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very handy plugin. It’s like having a full on word processor in the backend of your blog.Rinoplasti

      Delete
  2. Its attending like you are accomplishing so abundant of R&D for these Website content, I in fact acknowledge you absolute much.
    Gebelik

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’ve been learning on how to add a custom page template but good thing I found this. You a genious, thank you!!!!!)))estetik

      Delete
  3. The post is handsomely written. I have bookmarked you for keeping abreast with your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey dude..!! thnx for the discussion i really appreciate it but not only our support and comments made this efforts, your also own efforts helps you.. see you on boards dude.
    Kızlık zarı

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Site layout for your blog. I am looking forward to reading more from you.
    Septorinoplasti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for a well written, easy to understand article on this. It can get really confusing when trying to explain it – but you did a great job. Thank you!
    Storage beds

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your review, Milka and I also appreciate the way you laid out the book excerpts and description. I will definitely search this book. It is good for easy reading, for alone or me-time. It is definitely perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete