Sunday, July 18, 2010

Anniversary of Jane Austen's Death

Dear Jane,
I want to honor you and your work today, the anniversary of your death. I want to tell you that you are loved and respected by people around the world; not just today, but everyday. Your novels and characters have made people fall in love with literature. At least that happened to me. After finishing Pride and Prejudice for the first time, I knew that literature is something I really love, something I want to work with when I grow up. Reading your novels made me fall in love with reading, and eventually with blogging. 
Your characters and the world you write about make me want to build a time machine so I could experience what a day in Elizabeth Bennet's or Catherine Morland's life is like. Your gentlemen, for example Fitzwilliam Darcy and George Knightley have made me realize what I really want from a man (and that probably has doomed me into a life long spinsterhood since I think I will never find a man like your heroes). 
I want to thank you for writing these amazing, life changing novels. I know that you probably never expected that your novels would be read almost 200 years after you death. But I can promise you that us, your fans, will keep your novels up and they will be read 300 years after your death. 
Through your novels, you are here to stay, and you will be remembered with warm and respect. Thanks again!

I wanted to post something as tribute to my favorite author ever, Jane Austen. Today is the 193th anniversary of her death. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, what a nice post, like a letter to Jane, wherever she is. Jane Austen is still amazing and I am a proud fan. Thank you for this post, Milka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, letter is something personal and I think that if I would have a change to write a letter to Jane, it would include something like what I wrote here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely thought :-) Thanks for sharing...I love reading Jane Austen's novels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks booksploring and Lisa! :)

    ReplyDelete