Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Book Review: An Honest Love by Kathleen Fuller

Description (from BookSneeze): Anna must find the courage to tell Lukas the truth. Will he find the courage to forgive her? Anna was one betrayed by someone she loved deeply. In an attempt to never be hurt again, she and her mother relocated to Middlefield, Ohio. It was the ideal place for Anna's broken heart to mend. In Middlefield, Anna withdrew from risk, placing all her attention on managing the new gift shop she and her mom bought. When Lukas introuces himself, Anna can't resist her attraction to him. Though she finds herself falling in love, she's hiding a piece of her past in fear that their future will be destroyed if she tells him the truth. But love can't be built on lies and the past comes rushing back to Anna in an irreversible way. Now Lukas must decide how he will react to Anna's betrayal. As they cling to their belief in an honest love, they realize it's a path they must walk together even as it leads to unexpected places.

My thoughts: This book was something really different I've read before. I got the book through BookSneeze which mostly offers religious books for review. As I have mentioned before, I myself am not religious but since I am new for open experiences, I wanted to give this book a change.

This is a second book for Fuller's series called Hearts of Middlefield. I haven't read the first book so it is hard to compare this one to it. An Honest Love tells a story of two couples and how their friendships grow into something more. Elizabeth is at the age where she should get more serious and think about family and finding a husband. She spends a lot of time with Aaron who feels like he is not good enough for a amish woman. Anna is new to the area and trying to survive from her heart ache which was left from the last relationship. She is not open to new men until she meets Lukas. Slowly Anna starts to warm up for Lukas but is not ready to tell him all her secrets. Will Anna's secrets destroy their relationship or will it survive and come back to what it was at the beginning?

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, for trying a new type of book!

    I've read the first one in the series by this author and thought that characters were a little undeveloped and cardboard-like. I like Inspirational and religious books but that one wasn't very inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the fact that I have not read the first book made reading this book a little hard. But since I did not like this book that much I probably won't be looking for the first book of the series.

    ReplyDelete