Monday, August 3, 2009

Book Review: Secrets of my Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita



This was one of those books I just picked from the shelf of the book shop and went straight through to pay it without even reading the back cover. I can say, that the only reason I bought this book was the beautiful, interesting looking cover. I was happily suprised about the book. Even though the book may be intented to a little younger readers, I think it was really good.

The main character of the book, Kaitlin Burke, is 16-year-old girl from Hollywood. She is actress in a popular soap opera and she lives fabulous celebrity life. She loves her job but more that anything she just wishes that she could be ordinary teenager at least for a while. When she talks with her friend Liz about high school she gets an idea. She decides she wants to go to high school, but not as Kaitlin Burke, but as Rachel Rogers. When she goes to Clark Hall for the firts time she meets Austin, a gorgeous, funny and friendly Lacrosse player and things get complicated. And the fact that her co-actress Sky is trying to ruin her career does not help her a bit.

This book remainded me a lot of the Princess Diaries books by Meg Cabot. There are 3 follow up books to this book and I have already ordered the second one, I hope I get it soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the rest of the series better than the 1st book

    ReplyDelete
  2. What actors/actresses have left Hollywood and abandoned the glamorous, glitzy life of Hollywood?

    ReplyDelete