Friday, July 31, 2009

Book Review: Something Blue by Emily Giffin


When I read 'Something Borrowed' by Emily Giffin I totally fell in love with the characters of the book. I was really happy when I heard that there is a follow up to the story because I was curious to know what happens to Darcy and does Rachel and Dex stick up together for a longer time.

Something Blue tells story of Darcy, the perfect girl who has always got what she wants. Now she has to face the fact: she is alone for the first time in her life... and she is pregnant. The father of the child is Marcus, a guy who worked with Dex, Darcy's ex fiance. Darcy does not know what to do until she gets an idea to contact an old high school friend Ethan who currently lives at London. Darcy moves to London with Ethan and she notices that she has acted wrongly and that she is the one who has destroyed the important relationships in her life. Living with Ethan makes Darcy respect new things; her pregrancy, her new friends and especially the friendship with Ethan. Eventually Darcy fells in love for the first time in her life.

I loved this book as much as I loved 'Something Borrowed'. For the first 300 pages Darcy is as annoying as she is in 'Something Borrowed', but when she moves to London she changes and she becomes a really likeable character.

PS. I can honestly say that the last 2o pages of the book made my cry like a baby!

1 comment:

  1. This is a totally different cover than we have in the U.S.--it's so interesting to me that publishers do that.

    ReplyDelete